Hello! It's been a long time! Finally I decided to write a blog again. But my previous blog stories are too cheesy, so I removed them (.__.)
Now I want to tell some stories from my last home stay program. This is the most emotional experience for me so far in Japan! For the first part, I want to tell about how I knew this program, and several things that happened before I went for homestay.
I knew about this program from the announcement board at IC Hall, Suita Campus (Osaka University). The program is called "Inaka no Enge". The home stay location is in Sayo-cho (Sayo town). That place is countryside, surrounded by mountains, rivers, and rice fields. Sounds nice, right? Although Indonesia has many mountains, rivers, and rice fields, I was sure it will be a nice experience for me. Living together with Japanese family, it will be wonderful!
After considering for several weeks, I decided to apply or this program. The program is only for 4 days, and it's on summer holiday. So I thought it's okay to join this program. I wanted to experience something new and explore more in Japan. (I didn't ask permission from my Professor though, I forgot :P)
I handed in my application form on the very last day of application period (as always). At that time, there were already 10 students applied. This program only accepts 10 students. If there are more than 10 students apply, they said they will do selection. So I was relieved because all students would be accepted.
On that day, there was also International Food Party at IC-Hall. I met Frederike (Rike), my dorm friend from Germany. She said she also applied for the homestay program, and she handed the form after me! So there were 11 people! Ack, someone will be eliminated!
Several weeks passed. Frederike got a letter from Sayo town office. She was accepted for the home stay program. But, I didn't get any letter... I was a little bit sad. I thought that if I were accepted, then I should get a letter too on the same day. Because I and Rike live in the same dorm. It would be reasonable, right? Rike told me to not worry and wait for the letter. Maybe they will send it on another day, but I was pessimistic. I thought maybe they didn't accept me, because my motivation in the application form was not so interesting. In the other hand, Rike practices judo, and she already traveled a lot in Japan. She also can speak Japanese better than me. Hhhhhh~ *sigh* I comforted myself. I said to Rike, although I was not accepted, it's okay for me because I will stay longer in Japan. But Rike will leave in August, so it's better for her.
To my surprise, I got the letter a few days later! Rike was right! Ahhh, I was so happy!!! New experience is already waiting for me! :D
Then, one day before my birthday, I got letter from my host family. The letter is very warm. Obaa-san introduced all her family member. There is an English translation (good English :p), so I could understand. They even sent me birthday card and present!!! The present is a omamori (charm?) phone strap. And on the birthday card, there is Indonesian translation from Japanese birthday greeting.The Indonesian translation doesn't make any sense though, hahaha... It's so funny but also so touching. I really appreciate that. I also posted the picture of those letters on my Facebook, because I was sooo touched :')
Time passed, and I was busy at lab. Night before the departure day, I started packing my things (procrastination, as always). Then I realized I still need several things. I would buy tomorrow, I still have time because the bus will go at 13:40. The next morning, I bought clothes, travel-size toiletries, and traveling bag! Because last night I just realized I didn't have proper-size traveling bag, lol! Somehow I managed everything, then I went to the lab. I still had something to work at (T__T). Luckily, I am working with another person, so that day I only worked for around 2 hours. Then I went for home stay program at around 13:00.
I didn't time for lunch, so I just ate onigiri. Onigiri from 7-Eleven are really delicious, I tell you. I usually eat them for brunch (since I always wake up late). Then I arrived at IC-Hall. There was only 1 student other than me. Phew, I was on time (rare occasion). That day, I asked the staff at IRIS (a division at IC-Hall), about how many students are accepted. She said, the Sayo town officers decided to accept all applicants, 13 students! Wow, I was glad to hear that!
All 13 students finally gathered, and then the Sayo town officers arrived. We took a bus from Osaka to Sayo town. The trip would take around 2 hours. I was so sleepy because I didn't get enough sleep last night. I wanted to sleep on the bus. I sat together with Ju Ann, my dorm friend from Malaysia. I just realized on that day, that she also applied for this program. She said to me, she was also sleepy and wanted to sleep. Good! We could sleep together without feeling we have to make conversation, lol.. The driver started the bus engine... jya, ikimasho!!!
(photos will be uploaded later... I am still enjoying writing)
No comments:
Post a Comment